The journey to Ladakh is a road trip of a lifetime offers some of the most beautiful sceneries with clear blue skies, snowy white clouds and mesmerizing mountains that get bare and beautiful as you ascend higher and higher. Mountains of varied hues – yellow, brown, purple, magenta rise to gigantic heights surrounding the plateau around Leh. These colors seen never before are so unique that they leave an unforgetable effect at every bend and will make you come back again to Ladakh. The lakes in this Buddhist land look ethereal as they reflects the rocks, mountains and sky on its clear surface. Buddhist Chortens and prayer wheels greet you everywhere you go and give the landscape a very peaceful aura.The red, white, blue , green and yellow prayer flags greet you wherever you go and protect you from the forces of nature. Our Special Ladakh tour from Mumbai takes you to all these unique places :
- Lamayuru Monastery is one of the largest and oldest gompas in Ladakh located on the Srinagar Leh Highway.
- It has a population of around 150 permanent resident monks. Lamayuru is famous for moon like landscape similar to lunar terrain.
- Nubra valley (10,000 feet ),where the rivers, Shyok and Siachan separates Ladakh from the Karakoram Ranges .
- The famous Siachen Glacier lies to the north of this valley. It is a cold desert with sand dunes lined by Poplar trees and Apple and Apricot orchards The Silk route traders passed through here in olden days on their extraordinarytrans-Himalayan trade and its imprints can be seen even today.
- Pangong Lake also known as Pangong Tso is a beautiful endorheic lake situated in the Himalayas and is 134 km long, extending from India to China. The reason it is so popular is the fact that it keeps changing colors throughout the day revealing the most fascinating shades of blue !
Ladakh :God's own palette:The melting of glaciers into rivulets form patterns on the jagged mountains and erosion by the wind etches rock formations with an interplay of sunlight and shadows. We have also added a different culinary experience of Ladakhi and Tibetian cuisine as well as cafes and shopping in the local Market of Leh in our ladies special Ladakh tour packages
- Guide will be provided
- Welcome Drink as Tea or Coffee
- All transfers are by private vehicle
- Ride on Leh Kargil Highway
- Visit to Magnetic Hill which defies the law of Gravity
- Visit Highest Motorable road - Khardung La Pass
- Visit Buddhist Monastry Diskit
- Visit to largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu
Day 1 ARRIVE LEH
Arrival Leh Kushok Bakula Airport On a clear day from one side of the aircraft can be seen in the distance the peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrum and on the other side of the aircraft, so close that you feel you could reach out and touch it, is the Nun Kun massif.) Upon arrival you will met by our representative and transfer to Hotel for Check in. Complete day for rest and leisure to acclimatize followed by Welcome tea or Coffee at the Hotel. Evening visit Shanti Stupa. Later visit the market (stay for 02hour only). Return back to the hotel / Guest house for Overnight stay.
Day 2 SHAM VALLEY EXCURSION UPTO SANGAM
After breakfast you drive downstream along the River Indus on Leh – Kargil Highway. And start our sightseeing with Hall of Fame (Museum Constructed by India Army) near Leh is worth a visit for every Indian, and proceed further to Gurudwara Patthar Sahib Nestled deep in the Himalayas, A drive of another 4 km took us to Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity & later we reached the Confluence Of The Indus And Zanskar River. After visiting above places we drive back to Lehenroute visiting Spituk Monastery, Built in 15th century during the reign of Grags 'bum-lde, these new Gelug-pa monastery was built like fortress on the summit of crags. Later return back to Leh.
Day 3 LEH–NUBRA VALLEY VIA KHARDUNG LA 18,390 FT. (120 KMS / 5 – 6 HRS)
Post breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley. The road journey from Leh to Nubra Valley passes over Khardung La (The Highest Motorable Road In The World) at 5,602 Mtrs / 18,390 Ft, around 39 km from Leh. From the pass, one can see all the way south over the Indus valley to seemingly endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar range, and north to the giants of the Saser massif. Nubra Valley situated in the north of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. Upon arrival in Nubra we check in at our Camp / Hotel in Hunder for Overnight stay. In the evening you can walk around the tiny villages to see how the locals live in this part of the world. Overnight Stay at the Camp or Hotel.
Day 4 : NUBRA VALLEY – LEH
After an early breakfast we check out from the Camp and drive to Hunder where you have opportunity to ride on a bacterian camel (double humped) amidst the sand dunes of this high altitude desert with snow capped mountains on the horizon. Between Hunder and Diskit you come across sand dunes besides the road. It is indeed a strange sight as one side of the road are rocky mountains that characterize the Ladakhi landscape. On the return stop at Diskit which is the headquarter town of Nubra Valley. Stroll around the bazaar observing the shops.Diskit is famous for 515 years old Buddhist Monastery, lying magnificently situated on a hilltop, facing the entire Valley.Later we drive back to Leh in the late afternoon via Khardungla Top. On arrival at Leh you will check in to your Hotel.
Day 5 LEH TO PANGONG LAKE (140 KMS / 6 HRS):
After an early breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake enroute visiting Shey Palace, The ancient capital of Ladakh .Later we reach Thiksey an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village. e drive further towards Changla Pass 5486 Mtrs. The long easy ascent takes you to Changla pass through its winding roads passing through Sakti Villagedrive down to the village of Tangtse, where you can relax for a cup of tea. Leaving Tangtse for Pangong you pass through few small villages of Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of the Pangong Lake situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m). This famous blue brackish Lake of Pangong is 5/6 Kms wide and over 133 Kms long with half of its running the other side of the "Indo China Border". One rarely feels so close to nature and environment and the scenery is unforgettable.. Upon arrival we check in at our Camp Near Pangong lake. Dinner & Overnight at the Camp.
Day 6 PANGONG LAKE TO LEH
Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to leh enroute visiting Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism. Drive further to Leh and check in at our hotel for Overnight
Day 7: BYE BYE LEH
After breakfast transfer to Airport. End of Ladakh tour with great memories.
Hope You enjoyed the trip! Hope you have captured lot of memories to cherish forever!
Thank you and Happy Mee Time to You!
What is included in the tour
- 6 nights accommodation in hotels/camps/resorts on twin sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner.
- All transfers on private vehicle
- Sightseeing by Non AC Tempo Traveler as per point to point basis mentioned in itinerary only (not on disposal).
Inner Line Permit (wild life fee,red cross fee, inner line permits to Nubra valley & Pangong lake , Ladakh entry fee) for all persons.
- Driver allowance/toll/parking/road tax/fuel charge included.
- Sightseeing as Mentioned in itinerary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airfare / train fare.
- Fuel for the bike and bike rent (optional).
- Laundry, telephone and internet charges.
- Extra meals and beverages, Meals as mentioned in inclusions.
- Mineral water, cold and hard drinks.
- Any medical expenses,Unforeseen expenses that demand a change in itinerary like natural forces, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and illness, Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, political disturbances etc Heater charges or Rafting charges are not included
5% G.S.T will be applicable extra.